Important information about Futurebound
This disclosure document contains important information about our business.
License status and conditions
Online Mortgage Brokers NZ Ltd (FSP769014, trading as Futurebound) holds a license issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice. Under the trading name Futurebound, services are provided including mortgage advice, debt reduction advice and budgeting advice.
Nature and scope of the financial advice given
Online Mortgage Brokers NZ Ltd provides mortgage, debt reduction and budgeting advice to our clients.
Our related company Elias Services Ltd provides one-on-one and online course coaching to do with budgeting and debt reduction.
We provide financial advice about products from a large range of providers including ANZ, BNZ, Westpac, ASB, TSB, Sovereign, Co-op Bank, Avanti, Liberty, Resimac, NZCU, SBS, Bluestone and First Mortgage Trust.
We do not provide advice on insurance or investments but can refer for these services.
Any financial advice provided on our behalf will only take into account the information you have given us about your particular needs, financial situation or goals.
Fees, expenses or other amounts payable for our financial advice
We do not charge any fees, expenses or any other amounts for mortgage advice given to you unless agreed upon prior to work being carried out. We do charge fees for Fast Track Mortgage Plan and our online course Fast Track Your Mortgage.
Conflicts of interest and commissions or other incentives
For mortgage lending, Futurebound and the financial adviser receive commissions from the lending companies that the lending was placed with. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the loan. This can be between 0.55% and 0.85% of the loan amount. Some lenders (Sovereign, BNZ, Liberty, Resimac, Bluestone and Westpac) also pay an ongoing trail commission of 0.15%-0.20% of the loan balance.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interest above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance consultancy firm.
Internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of the financial advice you have received from us, you may contact us using any of the following means:
Online Mortgage Brokers NZ Ltd (FSP769014)
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
- If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service.
Dispute resolution process
If our internal complaints process does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our external independent dispute resolution scheme. This service is free and may help investigate or resolve the complaint.
We are a member of the Financial Dispute Resolution Services’ approved dispute resolution scheme. You can contact them at:
Financial Dispute Resolution Service
Level 4, 142 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011
PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140
0800 337 337 (freephone if within New Zealand or +64 4 381 5091 (if calling outside New Zealand)
Futurebound, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
The Code of Conduct standards can be read here: https://www.fma.govt.nz/assets/assets/code-of-professional-conduct-for-financial-advice-services.pdf.
Online Mortgage Brokers NZ Ltd (FSP769014, trading as Futurebound) is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Postal address: The Settlement Level 1, 1 Walton Leigh Avenue, Porirua, Wellington 5022
Phone number: 04 555 1582
Web address: futurebound.co.nz